We build strong partnerships with our clients based on communication and trust, making their successes our successes. All ProCare HospiceCare clinical pharmacists are experienced in hospice and palliative care as well as pain management. Through ProCare HospiceCare’s On-Demand Clinical Services (ODCS), our PharmDs can play a critical role in collaborating with your nurses and clinical team to provide the most effective and efficient management of pain and symptoms for each individual patient. Our entire team becomes involved in understanding your hospice’s goals, initiatives, and challenges. It is our collaboration and attention to the clinical leadership already in existence that makes us great partners and extensions of your team. Our role is to supplement and provide third-party, unbiased recommendations based on our experience as a national hospice PBM.
On-Demand Clinical Services (ODCS) supports hospice clinicians through comprehensive one-on-one expert pharmacy consultations twenty-four hours a day, every day.
ProCare HospiceCare’s skilled pharmacists are available for patient-specific clinical consultations upon admission and as needed for effective pain and symptom management. Their expertise supports prescribing recommendations, Conditions of Participation compliance, and cost effective utilization.
- Collaborative recommendations from Hospice and Palliative Care certified Doctors of Pharmacy
- Conditions of Participation compliant
- Relationship driven
- Cost management recommendations
On-Demand Clinical Services (ODCS) with Conditions of Participation (CoPs) compliance gives ProCare HospiceCare clients immediate and unlimited access to comprehensive pharmacy consultations upon admission and throughout the course of a patient’s hospice care – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Upon admission, the ODCS Doctors of Pharmacy will enroll your patient in our ADMIT 24™ system and then generate written recommendations to provide documentation to support the Pharmacy Plan of Care. The ODCS consult is documented and forwarded to the hospice within minutes of completion.
Throughout the patient’s hospice care, our ODCS pharmacists will provide unlimited consultations whenever there is concern about a change in patient symptoms, when medications need to be reviewed, or when there is a change in the location of care. On-Demand Clinical Services sets the standard for hospice clinical care, while effectively managing drug costs.
- On Demand Doctor of Pharmacy participation on hospice P&T Committee meetings, team meetings, and IDT or IDG meetings
- Automated, patient-specific Drug Recall Alerts within 24 hours of an issued alert
- Peer-reviewed Preferred Drug List with pharmacist review of drugs requiring prior authorization
- Comprehensive, custom monthly and quarterly reporting to include, but not limited to: drug utilization, antibiotic surveillance, anticoagulation drug therapy, and target drug alerts
- Personal assistance and custom reports for Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Initiatives (QAPI)
- Expert clinical support builds confidence for nurses new to hospice and enhances clinical staff retention